A technology software company in NYC that provides options for student loans or refinancing options is looking to hire an Engineering Technical Lead with the intent of growing this hire to the Director of Software Engineering within 12-18 months. They simplify the process of finding a loan by creating a unifying platform to apply, see various options and select the one that works best for you. Students can also customize the rate and monthly loan payment to maximize savings and get funding instantly.
They're an agile, test-driven team and have roughly 250 rails models in their production environment. You'll spend 30-50% of the time designing and developing high quality, scalable, multi-threaded, web-based applications, and spend the remainder of the time managing a cross-functional team of engineers, testers, product owners and business analysts, and creating metrics to effectively run an engineering team.
The ideal candidate must be able to manage a team and have great verbal and written communication. You'll interact with other cross-functional teams in Ohio and overseas, as well as their call center and stakeholders. You'll have ownership in team strategy and execution.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, or a related field
- 7+ years of engineering experience in a production environment
- 2+ years of Ruby on Rails
- Experience leading or managing engineering teams
- Experience communicating with business stakeholders
- Experience with architecture design and handling code reviews
- Strong understanding of quality systems, continuous integration, unit and integration testing
- Strong understanding of design patterns
- Strong understanding of Service-Oriented Architecture
- Background in a MVC-based implementation of a web platform