Geospatial Satellite Image Processing Data Engineer
A San Francisco based drone mapping and computer vision startup is hiring a Senior Data Engineer to build data pipelines for both real time and batch processing. The company is early stage and is developing a unique mapping system for agriculture companies to better understand their market and visualize their crops. They are bringing an age-old practice in to the future with bleeding edge technologies and highly advanced computer vision algorithms and need their first Data Engineer to greenfield their entire data processing system.
You would be coding in Python, Go, Scala, or a combination of all 3 to build Lambda architecture and API’s for data processing and deploying computer vision algorithms. You ideally have at least 5 years of professional experience with an advanced degree in a quantitative field. Any prior experience with specific satellite or drone data processing is high desired. You should also have experience deploying computer vision algorithms and have an interest in computer vision or agriculture. This is a role for candidates local to San Francisco who want to join a cutting edge early stage startup and develop next generation mapping software. No third-party candidates will be considered for the role.
Required Skills & Experience
- 5+ years experience Data Engineer
- Expereince with real time and batch data processing
- Excellent coding skills in Python, Go, or Scala
Desired Skills & Experience
- Experience with or interest in computer vision
- Prior experience in a startup environement
- M.S. or Ph.D. in C.S. or relevant field
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills
Benefits & Perks
- Competitive compensation
- Awesome down town SF office
- Work for one of the coolest companies in San Francisco and develop cutting edge technology