Part-Time CIO/Security Director (Contract)
A financial company in Dallas proper needs to hire a part-time CIO to run point on the Windows engineering and infrastructure security as they continue to expand. This position will be 10-30 hours per week and will start immediately!
Candidates should have experience managing IT departments in a hands-on capacity. Overseeing infrastructure security is strongly preferred, as this person will be responsible for their network/active directory monitoring, firewall configuration/maintenance, penetration testing, and NIST cybersecurity frameworks. Network experience is also a plus, since this person will help out with network optimization. This candidate will also help with policy review and roll out, along with disaster recovery planning, data leakage mitigation, and policy/procedure documentation. This is a Windows environment with about 100 servers, most of which are virtualized with VMware. Experience managing an environment with Bloomberg Systems is a plus but not required.
The head of technology is looking for someone to start working part-time ASAP (remote hours are OK). If interested, apply ASAP!
Required Skills & Experience
- 4+ years of experience in a hands-on Windows/Security management position
- Data Leakage mitigation
- Policy review/rollout as it pertains to breach response, acceptable use, email and social engineering
- Firewall configuration/maintenance (Cisco ASA)
- Network optimization
- Pen-testing coordination
- Windows management (~100 servers)
Desired Skills & Experience
- Powershell scripting
- Advanced Active Directory (group managed service accounts)
- Experience managing security in a public cloud environment (Azure)
- BS in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or something similar
Benefits & Perks
As a contractor you will receive the following benefits:
- Medical Insurance & Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Paid Sick Time Leave
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefit