Java Tech Lead
Our client, is looking for a Java Tech Lead to add to their NYC team. This person will be a port of providing day to day technical support for all technology, systems and applications to deliver global software services. This is a hands-on position for someone who has expert technical skills and architecture aptitude, system and software development skills.
This is for the Platform team that serves the technology platform for the entire company. This is a great role for a Senior Software Engineer looking to get into hands on development and the opportunity to work with some big data! 3 month contract to hire!
- Lead joint development with external offshore development teams.
- Own software designs of key portions of the application
- Guide the team as needed and ensure the team is producing good code compliant with client standards and practices through code reviews
- Work with key members of other teams to handle inter dependencies across various applications comprising the client suite of applications
- Hands-on development. Design and write clean, robust, well-tested server side code.
- Perform research and development to evaluate new technologies, ideas and communicate value for company.
- Ability to work with business users, product managers, QA, Release, and UI and Platform Engineering teams to develop great digital media applications.
Required Skills & Experience
- BS in Computer Science, Engineering, Technology or related fields. Masters degree a plus.
- 10+ years J2EE/Java
- RDBMS design/development experience (Redshift, MySql, Oracle) and working with large volumes of data
- Experience implementing service-oriented (SOA) architectures and web services
- Expertise in various web service protocols including XML, RSS, SOAP
- Expertise in Big Data Technologies such as Hadoop, Hive, Spark, Kafka, Zookeeper, Tachyon, Spark Streaming, Cassandra, HDFS, Hadoop etc. helpful
- Experience with Data Ingestion and Data processing a plus.
- Experienced in Agile development methodologies / Continuous Integration
- Knowledge of Amazon AWS EC2/S3/RDS a plus
- Understanding of online advertising landscape and technologies a plus
Benefits & Perks
As a contractor you will receive the following benefits:
- Medical Insurance & Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Paid Sick Time Leave
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefit