Senior Big Data Platform Engineer (Java)
Growing pre-IPO tech startup in downtown San Francisco is seeking multiple Senior Big Data Platform Engineers to build their AI marketing automation software used by most well-known tech brands in Silicon Valley. This person should come from a Java development background or have a generalist computer scientist skillset.
This person should want to work on complex big data and machine learning-related issues. And in a team environment that requires a collaborative approach. He or she should be a problem solver and enjoy thinking “outside the box.”
Responsibilities include all aspects of engineering: technical design & architecture, UI, implementation, QA, deployment, and ops. You will build high-availability, scalable, distributed, and secure systems that use modern cloud computing paradigms, techniques, and tools.
Tech stack includes: Spark, Spark ML, Kenesis, Druid, and Big Query.
Required Skills & Experience
- Expertise in Java, Scala, or Python development
- Experience with big data frameworks
- Experience working with real-time big data processing systems and large data sets
- Strong computer science fundamentals in algorithms and data structures
- Willingness to work in fast-paced, startup environment
Desired Skills & Experience
- Exposure to machine learning technologies, specifically Spark ML, MLlib, and related
- Experience with Druid big plus
Benefits & Perks
- You will be joining a growing team that is established but not restrictive
- Everyone is encouraged to contribute at all levels
- Pre-IPO positioning and strong equity package
- Competitive compensation, medical benefits, perks
- Flexible work environment