DevOps Engineer (1 year contract to hire)
A widely-recognized distributor or televised and online media across the U.S. is looking bring on a sharp DevOps engineer to automate builds and deployments, scale their high availability infrastructure, and evaluate new tech to implement in the environment. They are willing to pay up to $80/hour for the ideal candidate.
This is a heavy Python shop, so if SaltStack or Ansible are your go-to’s, you’ll be right at home. They’re not looking for a checklist, however, but an actual engineer, so if you’re stronger with Chef, prefer to script everything out, or develop your tools from the ground up, that’s welcome as well!
This isn’t a wade through the day type of role, you’re going to be challenged and you’re going to be exposed to new tech, so if you’re an engineer with a growing skillset, the capacity to learn, and the drive to push yourself farther technically then you ever have before, there’s a seat on the team you need to fill!
Required Skills & Experience
- 3+ Years experience in a DevOps Engineer/ Linux Engineer role
- Ansible, SaltStack or other Configuration Management tools (Chef, Pupper, CFEngine, etc.)
- Experience supporting PHP, Java, or NodeJS apps is a plus
- AWS, Rackspace or other Cloud experience
- ELK stack or other monitoring tools (Nagios, Ganglia, Splunk, etc.)
- Familiarity with MySQL (any non-relation databases: MongoDB, Cassandra, are a plus)
Benefits & Perks
As a contractor you will receive the following benefits.
- Medical Insurance & Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Paid Sick Time Leave
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefit