Lead Data Scientist (Contract)
This company is a leader in digital identity verification. Their cutting edge technology applies machine-learning techniques with biometrics and trusted online/offline data intelligence from email, phone, IP, social media and the broader Internet to power next-generation multi-factor authentication in real-time. They are looking for a Lead Data Scientist to play a key role as part of their next generation analytics team.
The ideal candidate coming in would develop machine learning, data mining, statistical, and graph-based algorithms designed to analyze massive data sets; partner with Cloud technologists to ensure proper implementation and usage of said algorithms.
Required Skills & Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in CS, Mathematics, Statistics or similar field of study or equivalent work experience
- A minimum of 3+ years of industry experience working in a similar role.
- Experience in developing data-driven algorithms in information retrieval, relevance, or machine learning.
- Experience working with distributed systems, and strong understanding of technologies like Spark, Hadoop/Hive, StarDog, Amazon Redshift, MongoDB.
- Knowledge of UNIX systems management, Java, Scala, Python, C/C++, SQL, HQL, SPARQL for RDF.
- Experience with R, data mining, machine learning, statistical modeling tools and underlying algorithms.
- Programming experience in one or more of the languages like Python/Shell/C/Java/Scala.
- Working knowledge of Relational Data Base Systems and SQL.
- Attitude to thrive in a fun, fast-paced start-up environment with stellar team of fellow data analysts and programmers.
- Results-driven individual who does whatever it takes to succeed and loves a challenge.
- Effective communicator capable of explaining concepts clearly and credibly across all levels of the organization.
- Strong team player, results oriented, metrics driven and capable of working in a fast paced, changing environment.
Benefits & Perks
- Great Work Hours (9-6)
- Corporate Discount
- Great Paid Vacation + Holidays (birthdays count)
As a contractor you will receive the following benefits:
- Medical Insurance & Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Paid Sick Time Leave
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefit