Lead UX Designer (Contract)
New York's leading Media company is hiring a contract UX(User Experience) Design Lead in their Midtown Manhattan office for a large scale project and can pay competitively for the right person. This role will be integral to the development and launch for one of their highest traffic product lines. The position reports directly to their VP of Product Design and User Experience and is on their consumer team that is developing products that are used by millions and millions of people.
The ideal candidate has a minimum of 5 years experience designing the User Experience for consumer facing software products, and at least 2-3 years in content and media driven products. If you have designed complex user flows, clean UX, and low to high fidelity wire frames and prototypes this could be the perfect role for you.
The VP of Product Design and UX needs a "right hand" man or woman to lead the design of native mobile and web responsive products. You must be willing to do hands on design work, perform in a fast paced environment, and work in tandem with Visual and UX Designers, Product Managers, Engineers, and high level stakeholders.
Required Skills & Experience
- 5+ years’ experience in User-Experience and Product Design
- Strong portfolio detailing case studies, process, and products you have designed
- Experience designing on iOS and Android Native Applications
- Minimum of Bachelors in Design, HCI, or related field
Desired Skills & Experience
- Experience designing Media and Video products
- Experience working in Agile Squads
- Masters in HCI Design or similar field
Benefits & Perks
- As a contractor you will receive the following benefits:
- Medical Insurance & Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Paid Sick Time Leave
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefit