Lead Data Engineer (Hadoop)
International media corporation’s innovation group in downtown SF is looking to bring on a Technical Lead for their new data engineering group. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in backend Java development and has more recently developed data pipelines in a Hadoop environment.
It will also be helpful for this person to have experience scaling real-time streaming architecture with technologies such as Kafka and Cassandra. Ideally, he or she will also have exposure to Scala and Spark, but if not, this is a great opportunity to learn these technologies.
This is a new team that is driving the bottom line for an international company. It offers stability, work life balance, and the excitement of a startup opportunity.
Required Skills & Experience
- Expertise in Java or Scala
- Extensive knowledge of Hadoop or Spark ecosystem
- Develop pipelines that processes data at massive scale
- Collaborate with data science, product management, and other engineering organizations to innovate and determine how to best use data to benefit the product and company as a whole
Desired Skills & Experience
- Technical leadership experience
- Experience that bridges data engineering and data science
- Advanced degree in CS
Benefits & Perks
- Stability and work-life balance
- Competitive compensation including 401k match and bonus
- Gain experience with data as massive scale