Data Scientist (Analytics)
A big data startup located in San Francisco is looking to hire a Lead Engineer, Analytics to join their team. This person will be point within the Engineering team for delivering advanced and customized analytics for customers based on the data platform, define scope and estimate effort for customized analytics in conjunction with the Sales team, and design and implement advanced analytics, using a deep understanding of the data platform.
As the team grows, this position will have growth potential for the right candidate. The ideal candidate should has a BS in CS, experience with SQL or relational databases, and excellent communication skills,
Required Skills & Experience
- BS/MS in Computer Science from a top university.
- 5+ years experience with using RDBMS, and expertise in SQL.
- Comfortable with working with data, and manipulating data in tools such as Excel.
- Ability to see the big picture, and design features and analytics that have long-term value for the company.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Good communication skills, and able to interact with both customers and engineers.
- Experience with geospatial data and/or data visualization tools is a plus.
- Good understanding of statistics is a plus
Benefits & Perks
- Standard benefits
- Very competitive salary package
- Stock options
- Good SF location!