Client Reporting Technical Lead
My client is seeking a Technical lead who is passionate about building dyamic data pipelines to create flexible reporting solutions for a diverse set of clients and sources. You should be comfortable with the entire web stack along with data warehousing experience to deliver high quality data and reporting services. We are looking for a team leader that who will be the primary interface to both our product management and offshore development group to architect and high quality solutions. The ideal candidate is self-motivated, and can deliver business value in an environment that fosters creativity, play, and hard work. Tremendous opportunity for growth in our global organization.
- Act as primary interface to product management and lead offshore development efforts to build, test and deliver fault-tolerant and scalable solutions.
- Responsible for solution design, technology selection, solution delivery and development escalation issues
- Insure non-functional requirements – i.e. the “ilities/ables” – of all solutions are met: scalability/performance, reliability, serviceability, availability, securable etc.
- Work with product and project teams during demonstrations and requirements meetings
- Set and align tasks with team resources and adjust team membership as needed to meet project/product requirements and acceptance criteria.
- Assist scrum masters in decomposing epics into stories with reasonable effort estimates
- Participate in writing solution code where needed and lead all code reviews and enforce coding practices
- Evaluate team capabilities and assist in team construction and recruiting efforts
- Two or more years of experience in architecture/technical lead/engineering management roles
- Experience with Scrum and other agile software development practices
- Solid development, trouble shooting, bug tracking, and testing methodologies including experience with continual integration and DVCS workflows.
- 9-10 years Java, Jetty/Tomcat, Spring, Hibernate, and Apache Camel. Some experience with RDBMS technologies such as MySQL, PostgreSQL and/or MS SQL Server
- Some experience with the NodeJS/MongoDB/Express stack is desired.
- Experience implementing service-oriented (SOA) architectures, RESTfull web services/micro-services.
- Experience interacting with third party ad technology services such as Google Analytics, AdWords, DoubleClick, YouTube, etc.
- Amazon web services experience including:
- Knowledge in design and implementation scalable AWS services such as: Elastic Container Service/Docker, Auto Scaling Group, Elastic Load Balancers, Elastic Beanstalk and Lambda
- Familiarity with AWS data oriented services: Redshift, S3, RDS, Kinesis, DynamoDB and Data Pipeline
- Experience with building data warehousing/reporting solutions including
- ETL tool expertise or other data pipeline/scripting experience in a data warehousing context
- Advanced SQL/database development in data warehousing context
- Reporting design/implementation in various technologies including Tableau and Highcharts