Director of DevOps
A leading vendor in the exciting space of Big Data Predictive Analytics solutions for B2B marketing and sales in Palo Alto is looking to bring on an experienced Director of DevOps to help build their small and collaborative devops team. Aside from great leadership skills, the ideal candidate will be hands-on focused and is not afraid to get their hands dirty.
Our clients' rapidly growing customer base includes companies of all sizes and from nearly every major industry.
Required Skills & Experience
- Strong Linux skills and proficiency in Python/Bash or some scripting language
- Experience with build and release systems with short release cycles. Deep understanding of Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery
- Experience managing hundreds of server instances deployed in AWS/public cloud and colocation facilities.
- Quick debugging and root cause analysis
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Desired Skills & Experience
- Experience in Jenkins, Java, Maven
- Experience managing Hadoop clusters
- Experience with configuration management tools such as chef or puppet
- Experience in top-notch software engineering organizations
- Experience in Agile/Scrum and TDD
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
Benefits & Perks
- Competitive compensation (salary + stock options)
- Casual, fun work environment
- Catered lunch at least once a week in each office
- Fully stocked kitchen – free drinks and snacks!
- Annual company-wide Pi Day recitation contest
- Commuter Benefits
- Comprehensive Health Benefits – 90% company paid
- Monthly celebration events: welcoming new hires, winning deals, birthdays, happy hours – we love a good party!
- Modern offices in great locations – San Mateo, Boston, Austin, & New York City