Senior Systems Engineer
Our client is looking for a Seninor Systems Engineer to join their Technical Operations team in their Santa Monica office. They are willing to pay up to $120,000 for the ideal candidate.
This company creates amazing experiences that celebrate the best of art, design and technology. They want people with an intense curiosity, a commitment to high quality service, who embrace the fun of the journey. A big vision calls for a big job. A typical day as a Senior Systems Engineer might include: Working with business units on day-to-day operations, helping maintain a healthy hybrid cloud infrastructure as well as help build and improve infrastructure development work flows. You’ll be successful if you have a strong Linux systems administration background with experience in building and leveraging existing private/public clouds, as well as high performance computing clusters and/or enterprise server farms.
Required Skills & Experience
- Strong UNIX/Linux experience
- 5+ years of system administration experience and strong knowledge in best practices
- Strong Linux working knowledge (preferably RedHat/CentOS)
- Fluency in one or more of the following scripting/programming languages: Python, Perl, Bash
- Experience working in VMware Virtualized environments
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Not afraid to wear multiple hats - no job being too small or too large.
Desired Skills & Experience
- OpenStack (and all of its APIs and services)
- Kubernetes or Docker containers
- Ansible, Puppet, or other Configuration Management
- Storage systems (Gluster, Solidfire, VNX, Swiftstack, Nagios, Cactui)
- Basic DB administration (MySQL, MS-SQL)
- Windows Server OSes including Active Directory (Exchange or Office365)
Benefits & Perks
- Startup office environment and culture
- Discounted gym memberships
- Paid-to-play vacation rewards
- Discretionary unlimited vacation time
- Employee discounts for 401k
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- Flexible Spending Accounts