6 Month DevOps Contract
A financial Fortune 100 company with a corporate office in North Dallas is hiring a Senior DevOps engineer for a 6 month contract position (with potential for conversion). The company has a unique space and is consistently ranked one of the best places to work in the DFW area.
The position is with the innovation division of their financial services department. This person will help the team automate their application deployments for their cloud-based software products. The platforms are AWS based infrastructure solutions, so experience with EC2, S3, Lamda and CloudFormation will help with this position. This person should also be able to write Chef recipes/cookbooks for AWS as well. Candidates should have experience troubleshooting a variety of issues across different software platforms (Java, Node.js, Ruby, Python). Scripting experience is required for the role (preferably in Ruby, but Python, Shell, or Bash experience is ok).
The team is looking for someone who can start ASAP! If interested apply now to be considered for an interview soon.
Required Skills & Experience
- Experience working on AWS-based infrastructure solutions
- Chef, Ruby
- Experience writing Chef cookbooks/recipes for AWS
- Experience automating system builds and tasks (code builds/deployments)
- Hands-on coding experience (Python, Java)
Desired Skills & Experience
- CloudFormation, Lamda
- Experience in an enterprise environment
- BS in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathmatics, or something similar
- Agile/Scrum experience
Benefits & Perks
As a contractor you will receive the following benefits:
- Medical Insurance & Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Paid Sick Time Leave
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefit