Front-End Web Developer
A Trading Strategy Incubator located in the loop is looking for a Front-End Web Developer who is motivated and passionate about combining design and programming. They’re building a free python data research tool for ordinary people with extraordinary trading ideas. They license and fund the best trading strategies and pay their users a share of the profits. They are a FINTECH startup that is under the umbrella of a trading firm with existing infrastructure and financial resources. Ideal candidate will be able to include translation of the UI/UX design wireframes to actual code that will produce visual elements of the application. This person will collaborate with the UI/UX Designer and bridge the gap between graphical design and technical implementation, taking an active role on both sides and defining how the application looks as well as how it works.
Required Skills & Experience
- 4+ years of front-end development experience
- Proficient understanding of web markup, including HTML5, CSS3
- Good understanding of NodeJS and Bootstrap
- Good understanding of asynchronous request handling, partial page updates, and AJAX
- Proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them.
- Willingness to address needs and to constantly improve or change based upon feedback from a great deal many sources including management, clients, and Dilbert cartoons.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Developer evangelist experience is a plus
- Trading Algo development experience
- Trading or investment systems (professionally or personally)
- Experience with continuous integration/continuous delivery, TDD, agile experience