Senior Full Stack Developer
A large insurance company located in the loop is seeking a senior level full stack polyglot developer for their growing Data and Analytics Laboratory. This candidate works closely with Data Scientists on data engineering, making sure projects flow from prototype to production.
The Full Stack Senior Developer will report to the Project CTO and 80% of the person's time will be spent on architecture-level and senior engineering problems. In the remaining 20% of his or her time, the person will manage issues and projects encountered by Data Scientists and coordinate how to attack roadblocks in the current development plan. The Full Stack Senior Developer will work closely with the Project CTO and Project COO to make sure projects stay on schedule. Occasionally, the Full Stack Senior
Developer will be called upon to produce or contribute to projections as to project cost, project completion, and other metrics needed for key presentations, stakeholder relations, and so forth.
Experience harvesting data from the Web and from geospatial/geocoordinate sources (GIS, proprietary mapping, GMaps cross-referenced databases, etc.)is a plus. Experience working with imagery, machine vision, and image taxonomy applications for machine learning is highly desirable. Position is located in downtown Chicago with less than 5 days per month off-site, all of it regional (driving distance).
Required Skills & Experience
· Experience architecting/developing in Java, Python, Ruby, and Eclipse
· Experience working with non-relational databases such as Oracle and SQL
· Experience working on an agile collaborative team
· Good communication and ability to mentor more junior-level members of the team
Desired Skills & Experience
· Experience working geospatial/mapping space
· Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science or Mathematics
· Experience with Jasper Reporting
· Experience leading a team while still being hands-on
Benefits & Perks
· Competitive Compensation
· Good Benefits
· Flexible and Friendly Environment
· Challenging Industry Landscape