Our Client on any given day, every moment matters to someone, somewhere. And every moment, their innovations, products and services play essential roles in people’s lives. From helping firefighters see around buildings to police officers seeing around street corners. They keep utility workers connected and visible to each other with real-time voice and data communication across the smart grid; as well as provide the situational awareness first responders need when a moment brings catastrophe. Do you want to help people be their best in the moments that matter?
Your responsibilities will range from driving solutions to requirements gathering & analysis, designing, developing, testing, deploying, maintaining and enhancing mobile applications on one or more mobile platforms. Using mostly C#, C++, and WPF/WinForms. This is a contract to hire position in downtown Chicago ranging from $40-60/h.
Required Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree required with 4+ years working experience; Master’s degree with 2+ years working experience in Computer Science or Computer Engineering is required.
- 4-7 years of exp Windows development with C/C++/C#
- 4-7 years of actual working exp with Computer Science or Computer Engineering
- Mobile application and/or platform development in Windows Mobile on Windows 10/UWP.
- Excellent debugging skills to solve challenging problems
- Performance analysis and tuning experience including memory usage, CPU utilization, leak checking, etc is a plus.
- Excellent debugging skills to solve challenging problems.
- Experience with networking protocols TCP/UDP, and also SIP, RTP, RTCP is a plus.
- Experience/knowledge in mobile application software development tools (e.g. GIT, Gerrit, JBOSS...), testing, process (agile, kanban) and configuration management.
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Audio subsystem experience (e.g. Audio Graph)
- Knowledge of Windows App lifetime including background execution
Benefits & Perks
As a contractor you will receive the following benefits:
- Medical Insurance & Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Paid Sick Time Leave
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefit
- Substancial overtime available