A FinTech startup in the Financial District of San Francisco is hiring a Data Scientist to join their office.This person will develop core algorithms for a finance technology platform that assists small to medium-sized businesses assess risk, credit, and manage money.
This person should have previous industry experience and an MS or PhD in CS, Statistics, or a related field. The Data Science stack includes Python, Java, Hadoop, Spark, and similar technologies. You will be developing machine learning algorithms and shipping code into production, and developing test frameworks for risk assessment and finance optimization.
Required Skills & Experience
- MS or PhD in CS, Statistics, or related quantitative discpline
- 3-5 years of industry experience within Software Engineer or Data Scientist position
- Proficient in MapReduce programming
- Proficient in Python or Java language, production-level code
Desired Skills & Experience
- Experience developing machine learning algorithms in Python
- Strong communciation skills and team-oriented mindset
- Keen ability to learn and adapt to new technologies
Benefits & Perks
- Competitive salary
- Mission driven company
- Walkable from Bart and Caltrans!
- Great benefits!