A new client of mine is looking to bring on an Hubot (Github) Engineer Intern to their team! This client is located in Manhattan right by Penn Station. What does the company do? They secure the way the world communicates. Their main goal is to help companies and individuals ensure the privacy of their intellectual property and communications. They build cyber security technology to safeguard the security of personal and business data in transit.
Minimum of 12 hours a week, Max of 20. The contact will last 3-5 months.
NEED to be a 3/4th year Computer Science student or have a Computer Science Degree.
Primary Responsibilities to assist with:
- Work on building the Hubot. This is something made by Github
- GitHub, Inc., wrote the first version of Hubot to automate their company chat room. Hubot knew how to deploy the site, automate a lot of tasks, and be a source of fun around the office
- You will be responsible for integrating a chat system with other applications
- You also will write plug ins, code for the bot, ingratiations/APIs.
- Working knowledge of application environments, messaging, high quality design documentation, unit testing and peer code reviews and performance monitoring is a plus
- Strong problem solving skills, adaptability and proactiveness
- Knowledge of common encryption algorithms and secure coding practices is a plus
- Self-starter who is willing to take ownership with strong communication and verbal skills
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science