DBA Manager (SQL)
One of the largest providers of Veterinary care and animal hospitals in Los Angeles is looking for a DBA Manager to help maintain and operate around 800 SQL Server databases. The DBA Manager will be responsible for running and writing scripts as well as assisting in deployment and have 2 direct reports that they will be responsible for as well. They are willing to pay up to $140,000 for the ideal candidate. The candidate must communicate effectively as they will be collaborating with internal team’s as well direct clients. An ideal candidate will have 7+ years of experience administering SQL databases (2008R2, 2012, 2014, and 2016).
- Bachelor’s degree (preferably Computer Science, Information Technology, Software Engineering)
- 7+ years’ experience with SQL Server 2008R2 and above
- 7+ years’ experience reviewing, writing, debugging, and tuning T-SQL code
- 7+ years’ experience with physical database characteristics such as table design, relationships, data partition, efficient indexes, storage allocation, capacity planning and other attributes
- Able to prepare and deliver information in a concise, professional written format, using it to present to staff in formal settings
- Experience with OLTP and/or OLAP.
- Experience writing ETL packages with SSIS/SSRS/and SSAS as well as stored procedures and XML would be a huge plus.
- Experience managing/mentoring junior members in the past a must have.
- Must be able to be in the office every day
- Competitive salary among other solid benefits, including
- tuition reimbursement
- family healthcare
- 401K with 8% match
- 3 weeks PTO, 10 paid holidays
- discounted pet insurance and supplies
- 10-15% annual bonus
- flex hours, 1-2 days’ work from home after settling in
- casual work environment.