Senior Python Engineer (Video)
We have all watched a video and wished we knew where we could actually buy the clothes someone is wearing – now you can! This company uses image recognition to search products and shop within the app. They want you to help scale this revolutionary technology! On top of a great culture, there are some very exciting and challenging problems on the horizon that should be sure to keep you busy.
This Midtown based company is hiring a Senior Python engineer who wants to take their talents to an energetic, fast-paced and innovative environment. Their platform runs on a Python/Django backend, AWS and Amazon Elastic Beanstalk deployment, and Big Data technologies. The team is close to launch, so this is a time to join in to help build & scale out the platform before it takes off! Experience with MongoDB, big data technology, and scaling API infrastructure is a benefit for this role. This is a full time position that offers health, dental, vision, 401k, and equity/shares.
Required Skills & Experience
- Senior-level Python experience
- Experience scaling API infrastructure
- Knowledge of big data technology: database design and scalability
Desired Skills & Experience
- AWS, Elastic beanstalk, SQS
- Map Reduce
- History of writing unit tests, integration tests, and benchmarking
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science or related tech
Benefits & Perks
Core member joining the team pre-launch. Benefits include health, dental, vision, 401k, and equity