A very dynamic and exciting communications start-up in Savage, MD is looking to hire a systems engineer to their team. This company transports live video streams for major broadcasters over the web. They provide a highly available service, utilizing multiple data centers and thousands of machines, state of the art software, proprietary algorithms and powerful IP networking tools.
This is a hybrid type of position, relying heavily on python software engineering and dev-ops skills to seamlessly blend together. The ideal candidate will have a strong development background using cutting-edge technologies and tools, and will have an interest in applying their skills to a dev-ops environment.
Required Skills & Experience
- Software development in Python and C/C++ or Java
- Advanced scripting skills in Bash
- Experience in installing, configuring and troubleshooting in Linux based environments
- Strong technical skills, and good communication skills
- Detail oriented with strong organizational skills
- Initiative and ability to work independently, and as part of a team in a fast paced environment
- BS/MS in Computer Science/Engineering or a related field
Desired Skills & Experience
- Experience in building, designing and supporting large-scale systems
- Linux/Unix system administration skills
- Experience with automation software (Puppet, Chef, Ansible)
Benefits & Perks
- A small, start-up culture with a great team based environment
- 3 weeks of PTO
- Great health benefits
- Free snacks
- A great location
- Company happy hours!