Senior Data Engineer (AWS RedShift, MySQL, Python)
Our client's Data Scientists and Engineers are instrumental in managing data, understanding the needs of the business to analyze data and presenting information that is actionable. This Analytics team covers a broad scope of projects: Customer Segmentation, A/B Testing, Channel investment optimization, Predictive Modeling, Promotion Evaluation, Pricing Analysis etc. As a Data Engineer, your work will support our business leaders to make critical decisions every day. At this company, you will be challenged by new questions every day.
The successful candidate is passionate about eCommerce business, learning about all aspects of the company's business and collaborates well with others. Their aggressive growth goals mean that your day-to-day responsibilities and projects can vary greatly—which means all the more opportunity for you to make an impact!
- Actively collaborate with internal business partners to support their need to analyze aspects of the business
- Provide analytic supports for key business activities (strategic initiatives, campaigns design, customer segmentation strategy, channel bidding strategy, price sensitivity & demand elasticity, merchandising optimization etc.) including data mining, analysis, and presentations
- Complete the end to end analytical process: receive and evaluate business partners’ requests, develop analytical plan and methodology, confirm analytical plans with business partners, implement data analyses, and provide recommendations.
- Responsible for the quality of data and integrity of the analysis performed
- Participate in monthly review meetings to share insights/learning from the business data, and also provide updates on key analytical projects
- Build data pipelines, predictive and inference models using Python, SPSS, R etc. to support business initiatives in the areas of customer acquisition, activation, engagement, and retention or channel investment optimization
- 2+ years experiences in marketing analytics, database marketing, data mining, and statistical modeling. Experiences of advanced data analysis in Internet or a top-tier consumer-focused company (in technology, consumer goods or retail domain) are required
- Capable of using advanced analytics tools and techniques. Demonstrated proficiency in SQL/relational databases (Teradata, Oracle etc.), and BI tools (Tableau, Business Objects, Microstrategy). Proficiency in Microsoft Office: Excel spreadsheet modeling and PPT presentation creation
- Strong communication skills in order to collaborate effectively with business stakeholders. Must be able to interact cross-functionally and drive both business and technical discussions
- Have prior experiences in assisting business decision making through data mining and machine learning
- Master’s degree in quantitative fields such as Statistics, Engineering, Operational Research, and Economics. MBA a plus
- Capable of thinking through complex business problems and solve them by analyzing on large amounts of data Familiarity with R or SAS for statistical modeling, clustering, classification, machine learning, and data mining
- Knowledge of web tracking technology (Google Analytics, SiteCatalyst etc.) a definite plus
-401K with company match maxing out at 7.5%
-18 days PTO
-full extensive Health, Vision, and Dental benefit options
-1 day a week work from home availability