Lead Software Developer
A well-established asset and wealth management institution in downtown Chicago is looking to add a lead developer to oversee their transition from myriad applications to a central SOA system and overseeing their team of 6. This contract will eventually transition to a permanent lead developer position if that appealing to you.
In terms of technology, the role will begin focused-on refactoring their T-SQL code base into a set of streamlined stored procedures that will eventually by integrated with a central WCF / Web API system, acting as a central nervous system for all of their corporate applications. Once the central Web API / SOA / T-SQL project is complete, you will begin leading the team to migrate their legacy WebForms platform to ASP.NET MVC and will have an opportunity to learn Angular.JS 2.0 on the job in the process
Required Skills & Experience
- Mid-senior level application development experience in a financial environment is a must-have since you’ll be immediately put into a lead engineering position overseeing the redevelopment of an SOA for their entire suite of corporate applications.
- Robust T-SQL skills with the ability to write complex stored procedures that handle application layer code servicing multiple systems.
- Mid-senior level experience or more developing enterprise applications with C# in a web-based .NET environment using either ASP.NET WebForms or MVC.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Experience developing Web API and Service-Oriented Architecture systems from the database through to the application layer for multiple corporate applications.
- Exposure to Angular.JS.
Benefits & Perks
- Chance to lead a team at a renowned asset management company with a rich and successful history in downtown Chicago
- Healthcare and standard benefits provided by our agency during the contract-to-hire period.
- Huge resume building experience building a Service-Oriented Architecture system that will be used by an entire suite of corporate financial applications