Mid or Senior Developer for New NoSQL Search-Driven
What you are: An ambitious mid or senior level engineer with experience building scalable software products in an environment with rigorous engineering standards with exposure to modern .NET web and an interest in Web API services-driven application. You’ve got a solid understanding of RESTful services but are looking to work with cutting edge technology in an environment with legitimate product ownership.
What you’re looking for: You should be looking for an environment to exercise your current skills and take ownership on a product that’s been built out by a crack team of engineers but now requires refactoring for scaling up and new feature development based on a robust pipeline. Work directly with the founder who’s a successful serial entrepreneur to take charge on the new platform.
What you should expect: Meeting directly with the founder for a first round and their current development team for a second round technical discussion. You should expect to be paid above or at market rate with the opportunity for bonus and the long term potential to run their local development team. You should anticipate some overtime as the product is scaled up and as you enthusiastically envision new features to develop for clients, bouncing your ideas directly off the founders.
Required Skills & Experience
- Experience developing mid to enterprise level software products in a modern .NET environment (i.e. experience building successful new features using C# coded in the ASP.NET MVC 4.6 framework or in .NET Core).
- Some exposure creating RESTful web services and familiarity with decoupled application development.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Strong object-oriented fundamentals that are proven at a modern software company.
- A genuine interest in taking product ownership on a platform – this is the role where you prove why you should be a CTO in the role after this or become the Technical Director for this platform.
Benefits & Perks
- Work directly with several founders who’ve been successful in founding in a multimillion dollar business here in Chicago. If you’ve read this far you should understand why this role is attractive.