As the Manager of Software Development, working from Rosemont reporting to the CTO, your mission is to work with developers and provide development yourself to code business requirements into software. You will be the key developer and mentor one junior programmer while working with three remote senior developers.
The manager & hands-on lead developer is responsible for the creation and delivery of various development projects and production enhancement. A background developing multiple software systems using Microsoft C# .net is required and understanding of the Microsoft stack.
The responsibilities will include:
- Design, Develop, and Implement new software applications.
- Analysis of user requirements and working with stake holders.
- Mentor a junior developer and lead three remote senior developers
- Guide senior developers on continuous integration and implement software build procedures.
- Production support, defect fixing, and monitoring production systems
- Investigate new technologies
- Understand and implement Amazon AWS technologies in a cost effect manor.
Required Skills & Experience
- Solid understanding of Object-oriented principles
- Strong knowledge and understanding of the SOLID principles
- High standards of quality in code
- Proven knowledge in C# Asp.Net MVC, WebApi, Windows Form Application, Window services,
- Understanding of SOA architecture
- Knowledge SQL Server 2008 or greater, IIS, Window Server 2008, Window Server 2012
- Knowledge and understanding of RESTful web services
- Experience in Agile development practices and test driven development
- Experience using a Continuous Integration system like TeamCity, Tortoise SVN, TFS, CVS, etc.
- Experience message-queuing framework and technologies such as Amazon SQS, MSMQ,NService bus
- Knowledge and understanding of software design patterns
- Knowledge in cloud computing preferably Amazon AWS
- Experience in Project Management Tools such agile issue tracking like JIRA
- Team Leader experience – Ideally dealing with local Stakeholders and remove developers.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Experience in test driven development such as NUnit, RhinoMocks, Moq or Selenium
- Experience using LINQ
- Experience using an ORM like nHibernate, Entity Framework 4.1+, Linq2SQL, etc
- AWS Technologies such as EC2, S3, Elastic Beanstalk, etc
Benefits & Perks
Full Benefits (medical, dental, and vision)
Blue Line Shuttle