Technical Project Manager
A nation-wide company is looking for a Technical Project Manager to join their team at their office in the loop. They want a candidate who is able to create, manage and execute project plans to support the ongoing needs of the IT department. Coordinates resources, establishes deadlines and assigns responsibilities. Tracks the progress of projects and compiles status reports for senior management. Builds working relationships with team members, vendors and other departments involved in the projects. Relies on knowledge and professional discretion to achieve goals. May manage others. Usually reports to a department head. Significant ingenuity and flexibility is expected. Bachelor's degree and 8-10 years of relevant experience is preferred. This is a 6.5 month contract position.
The Strategic Program Manager will be responsible for the full lifecycle management of strategic, high priority projects that span multiple business areas/departments with cross functional impacts. The PM will manage the initiation, planning, execution, and closing of projects according to deadlines and budget. This includes coordinating the efforts of core team members, other Project Managers, cross functional resources, and third-party contractors or consultants in order to deliver projects according to plan.
Required Skills & Experience
- Define project scope, goals, and deliverables in collaboration with senior management and stakeholders.
- Effectively communicate project status to team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion.
- Identify impacted stakeholders. Ensure all areas, especially those outside of IT, are appropriately informed and involved in the project (i.e. operations, food and beverage, brand, legal, loyalty, marketing).
- Gain buy-in and time commitments from business stakeholders for participation in the project
- Ensure appropriate change management processes, communications, and training are in place for any changes in hotel operations.
- Set and continually manage project expectations with team members and other stakeholders.
- Determine the frequency and content of status reports from the project team.
- Define success criteria and measures of success and acquire agreement from sponsors
- Develop and maintain full-scale, detailed project plans to be used in tracking project milestones and deliverables
- Support the development and management of project business cases
- Ensure the gathering and documentation of clear, thorough requirements and project specifications.
- Proactively manage changes in project scope, identify potential crises, and devise contingency plans. Communicate and acquire approval via the change control process
- Perform risk and issue management, escalate when necessary, communicate impacts, and take corrective action.
- Monitor project financials and recommend budget changes where necessary
- Perform resource management on projects to level resources and acquire appropriate staffing
- Delegate tasks and responsibilities to appropriate personnel
- Identify critical path and dependencies either with other projects, departments, or resources
- Develop and deliver progress reports, proposals, requirements documentation, and presentations
- Coach, mentor, motivate, and supervise project team members and contractors, and influence them to take positive action and accountability for their assigned work
- Build, develop, and grow any business relationships vital to the success of the project.
Benefits & Perks
As a contractor you will receive the following benefits:
- Medical Insurance & Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Paid Sick Time Leave
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefit