Database Administrator (MySQL, AWS RedShift)
In the past 6 years,our client in Buffalo Grove has grown from a group of 6 people working out of a 2,000 square foot building, offering fewer than 100,000 products to a group of 220+ working out of a 60,000+ square foot building, offering more than 1.5MM unique products.
Imagine what you could do together with them in the next six years.
Are you a data taxonomist? Are you a walking dictionary of data?
The primary responsibility of this job is architecting, administering, monitoring and fixing databases. They are looking for someone who enjoys database administration and troubleshooting work in a real production environment. You will also participate in database architecture decisions and be a key player in the development agile process.
With over 6 million page views per month, our client continues to drive customer acquisition and satisfaction via product and brand visibility and great customer service. Your database designs will enable us to validate, extract, and analyze important information for our data-driven strategies.
The Database Administrator will work closely with the IT Team in the architecture, design, and development of data warehouse models. The focus is to implement and maintain solutions that bring together disparate sources of data into a warehouse for business intelligence and reporting.
- Perform on-site, day-to-day production MySQL and PostgreSQL database administration tasks in a Linux Amazon Web Services (AWS) Relational Database Service (RDS) environment, including maintenance, troubleshooting, tuning, optimization, data migration and backup and recovery.
- Perform on-site, day-to-day production RedShift data warehouse administration tasks in an AWS environment, including maintenance, troubleshooting, tuning, optimization, data migration and backup and recovery.
- Designing and optimizing database schemas and working with the application development team
- Document database, procedures and data flow.
- Developing SQL queries and ad-hoc reports as needed.
- Creating SQL stored procedures and custom views.
- Review database performance metrics and reactively address performance concerns.
- Participate in the daily scrum and sprint planning.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a STEM field is preferred
- 3+ years’ experience with relational database creation and administration
- 3+ years’ experience with data warehouse creation and administration
- Experience in installation, configuration, tuning, and optimization of MySQL, PostgreSQL, and Oracle databases
- Experience with Linux (CentOS, Ubuntu)
- Experience with AWS RedShift and RDS
- Experience with Google BigQuery
- Working knowledge with virtualization technologies such as Amazon RDS
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, emerging growth environment
- Database management including SQL stored procedures, triggers including complex queries
- Understanding of physical and logical database design.
- Understanding of advanced relational database concepts. Understanding and experience designing and supporting both operational and analytic databases
-401K with up to 7.5% match
-full healthcare, dental, and vision benefits
-3 weeks PTO
-1 day per week work from home