Senior SQL DBA
A Costa Mesa software company is looking for a Senior SQL Developer/DBA to be brought on a full-time basis. This candidate will be primarily responsible for monitoring and maintaining the health and performance of the existing database system while developing new databases as well. There will be a 50/50 split between being a database developer and DBA and candidates will be responsible for both. This Senior SQL Developer/DBA should have at least 1-2 years of experience working strictly with SQL databases. Candidates with data recovery and experience with Octopus are seen as huge pluses for this role as well. This Senior SQL Developer/DBA will also be responsible for data architect responsibilities as well. This candidate will also be handling the cleaning and maintenance of the database by removing old data and tables. Work/visa sponsorship is not available for candidates at this time.
Some perks for this role include a flexible work schedule as well as the option for working from home 1 or 2 days per week. Contractors will also be given options for medical benefits as well as paid sick leave.
Required Skills & Experience
- 5+ years of experience working with SQL
- Strong attention to detail and willingness to go beyond the call of duty to work on databases independently
- Strong communication skills as well as time management skills
- Experience working with Tables, Views, Queries, and other necessary SQL skills
Benefits & Perks
As a contractor you will receive the following benefits:
- Medical Insurance & Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Paid Sick Time Leave
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefit