Senior SQL Database Developer
A stable, mid-sized financial company that centers their services on creating customized POS systems for small and mid-size businesses as well as debit and credit card readers is looking to add on a talented Senior SQL Application Developer to their long-time team. Most of these employees tend to stay with this company for the long-term so they are definitely looking at candidates that are looking to find a company that they can call home. This Sr. SQL Application Developer will not only need the standard back-end professional skills with T-SQL, SQL, Visual Studio 13+, SSRS, SSIS and ETL.
This Senior SQL Database Developer will be wearing multiple hats, as every person on the current team serves a dual function of being both a programmer as well as an analyst. Strong communication skills for this position are an absolute must seeing that this developer will be responsible for interfacing directly with clients, gathering requirements, setting deadlines, and providing updates in a timely and professional manner.
Required Skills & Experience
- Professional experience developing and/or maintaining applications using Delphi
- 5+ years of development using T-SQL and Stored Procedures as well as a strong familiarity with Visual Studio 2013
- Experience optimizing and tuning SQL queries and procedures as well as working with SSRS and SSIS
- A strong willingness to work on new development as well as maintaining existing financial applications
- Native written and spoken English skills in order to accurately gather requirements, set expectations, as well as to communicate effectively with clients as well as software development teams
- Desire to work for a company that’s committed to longevity, even if it isn’t with the most cutting edge of technologies
Benefits & Perks
- Full medical/dental/vision benefits
- Matching 401K up to 4%
- Work from home at least 1x per week
- Paid vacation time