A medical organization in Los Angeles is hiring a Data Scientist to join their team. The Data Scientist will collaborate with the Lead Data Scientist to carry out research by using machine learning and computational statistics skills, and applying them to clinical data. The duties of this position involve data extraction, wrangling, preparation, and visualization; designing and implementing statistical models and algorithms; and evaluation of models from data sets.
Required Skills & Experience
- M.S. in Computer Science, Statistics , Physics, Electrical Engineering, or other related field
- Great English communication skills (written and verbal)
- Strong knowledge of at least one modeling language, such as Python or Matlab
- Familiarity with modern relational databases, such as MySQL or SQL Server
- Graduate-level courses in statistics, data mining, artificial intelligence, probabilistic models, machine learning, visualization, or optimization
- Strong knowledge of probability, statistics, and machine learning
- Familiarity with software development practices
- Familiarity with clinical domain
- Familiarity with information visualization concepts and tools
- 2 years of experience conducting research in statistics, algorithm development, or statistics
Desired Skills & Experience
- Ph.D. preferred
Benefits & Perks
This is a fulltime position which offers competitive benefits and a competitive base salary. This is the chance to work for an organization that offers a rewarding experience helping others all over the country. This is an urgent role so please respond ASAP!