Database Developer - SQL (100K to 120K DOE)
A Leading Provider of technology driven communications solutions in Buffalo Grove is looking for a talented SQL Developer to add to their team.
Right now they’re looking to fill two roles (Mid/Senior SQL Developer or Lead) where your role will be to design, develop, implement and maintain high quality database systems for internal and client software applications including shopping cart websites and data processing. This role is primarily focused on project work across the development and staging environment based in Microsoft .NET and SQL Server 2008 R2. You'll work independently or as part of a small team to develop new systems or enhance existing ones. Direction comes from technical architects or project managers to complete functionality assigned for development but they're open to Leads who have idea's on best direction to take.
Mid to Senior is 100K to 110K
Lead : 120K
- Create, optimize and maintain complex T-SQL as part of stored procedures, views, functions, and queries.
- Design and develop highly configurable, fault tolerant ETL systems using SSIS.
- Develop and maintain SSRS reports for the various business applications.
- Tune SQL queries and database performance by improving overall table design, indexing, query plan analysis and refactoring.
- Review database objects for data integrity, quality, security, recoverability, scalability, maintenance and capacity and recommend changes as necessary.
- Production Support/Maintenance of code as needed.
- Create database design documentation at architectural and functional level.
- Recommend new strategies and architecture to enhance efficiency of data systems.
- Plan, manage and track database and ETL system changes.
- Collaborate with application developers, variable programmers, PM, QA and other IT team members.
- Adhere to all policies and procedures related to security and protecting privacy of client and company information. Role will work directly with confidential client data containing protected health information and/or personally identifiable information and individual must complete annual HIPAA training.
- Senior/Lead: Mentor and assist other SQL Developers on their technical responsibilities.
Lead: Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Leads and directs the work of others. Helps sets direction, standard practices, and procedures for the development group. Provide input to management on annual performance reviews.
Qualifications & Experience
- 4-yr college degree in Computer Science or Information Systems or equivalent experience is required
- Lead: (ideal experience)
- 7-10 years of experience in SQL development w/SQL Server
- 5-7 years with development of SQL Integration Services packages and SQL Reporting Services (SSIS and SSRS).
- General Data Warehouse experience
- 1-3 years Database Administration experience
- 5-7+ years of experience in SQL development w/SQL Server
- 3-5 years with development of SQL Integration Services packages and SQL Reporting Services (SSIS and SSRS).
- Database Administration experience a plus
- 1-3 years of experience in SQL development w/SQL Server
- 1-3 years with development of SQL Integration Services packages and SQL Reporting Services (SSIS and SSRS).
- Experience with TFS, automated deployments and working with the Red Gate SQL development tools a plus.
- Experience in inventory/order management systems environment is preferred.
- Knowledge of IT security relevant to data protection and data integrity.
- Proficiency in English