Mid-Level DevOps Engineer (Contract)
A Fortune 500 company locally in Silicon Valley is looking to bring on a Mid-Level DevOps Engineer to their team to oversee all Infrastructure, Deployment, and Automation.
The ideal engineer will be strong with Chef for Configuration Management, Monitoring, Non-Relational Databases, Continuous Integration, and the Cloud deployments. This engineer will work closely with the engineering team and must have a strong understanding of the development process and systems engineering/architecture within an agile environment for a high end software project.
This is a contract position that can offer up to $85/hour! Must be physically present for interviews that are occurring right now.
Required Skills & Experience
- 3-5 Years Experience as a Systems Engineer/DevOps related work
- Deployment and configuration of systems using Chef
- Experience with all areas of Cloud using: AWS (EC2, S3)
Desired Skills & Experience
- Monitoring experience in large environment tools such as: Nagios, Cacti, (Splunk a plus)
- Non relational Database experience: MongoDB, MariaDB, Cassandra, or Hadoop a plus
- Experience using continuous Integration tools such as: Jenkins, Maven, Hudson, or Capistrano a plus
- Knowledge of Code Repositories such as: Git/Github, SVN/Subversion, or Perforce.
- Experience within Linux Environments using Servers such as: Redhat, Fedora, Ubuntu, Debian,SuSe, Gentoo, or CentOS
- Experience with Apache or Ngnix for Web Servers. Ideally Internal and External experience
- Scripting using one of the following: Bash, Powershell, PHP, Python, Perl, or Ruby
- Knowledge of Networking/Security: Routers, Switches, Firewalls, and Security a Plus
- Knowledge of Storage related tools: EMC, SAN, Hitachi, NAS, or NetApp
Benefits & Perks
- Flexible work hours
- Free gym membership
- Your own personal setup (PC or MAC)
As a contractor you will receive the following benefits.
- Medical Insurance & Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Paid Sick Time Leave
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefit