Senior Systems Engineer (Powershell, Python)
Looking for a truly complex enterprise DevOps environment to bring your senior level expertise onto an already strong team? This is a complex environment with separate Systems, Network, Dev and QA teams spanning across multiple product lines. The ideal aspirant will join a collaborative team of 6 in their DC office.
Although you’ll be supporting enterprise .NET applications, Linux/Open Source experts have thrived on this team as there are many open source tools and there is a ton of work on the command line. This role requires the Linux expert that is ok with working with some of Microsoft tool (open to learning), or a Windows DevOps/PowerShell expert. Either way, you’ll be able to bring your skills and perspective to a truly mixed environment!
Required Skills & Experience
- Minimum of 5+ year of hands on experience in highly available web production environment (ideally in enterprise scale) - Apache, Nginx, IIS, Etc.
- Strong Automation skills (Python, Ruby, PowerShell, Bash, etc.), ideally with a mastery of the command line
- Experience with Configuration Management tools (Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Salt Stack, etc.)
- Working experience with Source code management (TFS, Git, SVN, Mercurial, etc.)
- Background in Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery is a strong plus (Jenkins, Bamboo, CircleCI, etc.)
- Virtualization and/or Cloud based technologies are a must (AWS, Azure, OpenStack, VMware, KVM, Etc.)
- Broad networking experience and network monitoring (Nagios, Cacti, SolarWinds, etc.)
- Knowledge of load balancing is a strong plus – F5, etc.
Benefits & Perks
- Competitive pay
- Strong benefits package with multiple providers
- Highly agile environment with other strong engineers
- Career growth
- Stock options
- Flex hours
- Quarterly bonuses for team and individual performance
- Company Equity
- 401K with 5% match
- Gym Membership