Senior Java Consultant
Senior Java Consultant (Major Investment Bank) $50-90/hour Payrate
This job provides the unique opportunity to design and implement applications that provide a critical business function across the entire Institutional Securities Business. A constantly evolving business and regulatory environment will provide a stream of new challenges to the candidate. The applicant should be a superior Java programmer, with strong design and implementation fundamentals. Prior experience in finance will be useful, however, the ability and willingness to master new technical and business concepts will be considered.
About the Team
Secured Financing technology team play a unique and critical role in bridging client financing and firm funding, with activities that scale across the entire secured funding trade lifecycle. Our clients include Secured Financing Business, Corporate Treasury, Finance Operations, Operations & Risk Control (ORC) and Prime Brokerage. Responding to both business and regulatory requirements, we deliver best-in-class solutions
- Strong experience in developing enterprise level systems using Java and database technologies.
- Exposure to developing software in the financial domain is desirable.
- Exposure to Test and Behavior Driven Development is a huge plus
- Desire to learn the business domain and partner with stakeholders to specify new business features
- Primary technology is Java on Linux. Strong exposure to Java development, object oriented design paradigms, concurrent and distributed programming concepts are critical to be successful in this role.
- Good knowledge of relational database concepts (Sybase and DB2 preferred)
- Multi-threaded programming