At this growing company located in River North you will be part of the applications team who will be building out a content aggregator that will take journalistic stories from all over the globe and aggregate the best ones into a single platform. That way smaller market journalists can get a bigger audience based on their content. If you are someone that isn’t tied to a specific framework but has the skill set to use the best tool for the job thenn this may be the next position for you.
This growing engineering team of 6 is looking for someone that can come in and hit the ground running working on their platform. While they are using Python and Flask on the back end they are not married to those tools and are open to potentially using other tools in the future. They're more specifically looking for candidates with a polyglot background with strong fundamental computer science skills.
Required Skills & Experience
- Professional experience utilizing Python and various frameworks
- Experience working with Flask or Django within Python
- Experience with both relational and non-relational databases
- Computer Science Degree
Desired Skills & Experience
- Flask experience is a big +
- Experience utilizing R is a big +
- Experience with various data structures
Benefits & Perks
- Medical Insurance & Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Paid Sick Time Leave
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefit
- Significant Growth Potential within the Organization