Our client, a progressive healthcare software and services company in the Northern suburbs is looking to add a junior-mid level SQL and data warehousing engineer to help build out a new database and data mart. This client prides themselves on being software-driven; the manager explained that the owners of the company see technology as the source of their current competitive advantage in the market and are eager to invest further in their platform.
The client’s Ruby on Rails application layer code is integrated with a .NET SQL background, allowing them to leverage the benefits of open source web technology while maintaining the ability to integrate with other .NET-based healthcare technology environments. This dual tech platform has allowed them to grow and surpass their competitors and would give their new SQL and ETL engineer the chance to pick-up PostgreSQL if that proves interesting to the right candidate.
Required Skills & Experience
- Junior to intermediate experience and skill writing complex stored procedures, views, and joins with T-SQL.
- Some exposure to leveraging SSIS or an alternate integration automation service.
- An interest in the opportunity to learn new technology and alternate platforms!
Desired Skills & Experience
- A background in healthcare technology and familiarity with HIPPA compliance
Benefits & Perks
- Work in a casual environment with an opportunity to learn application layer coding in addition to traditional data warehousing.