Enterprise Applications Software Engineer
An engineering company located in Pasadena is looking to add a DevOps Engineer to their Web Services team. They are specifically looking for someone to work collaboratively with software engineering to build automation tools to deploy and operate their systems and build out their infrastructure. The DevOps engineer will design, write and deliver software to improve the availability, scalability, latency, and efficiency of our client’s systems. The DevOps Engineer will be responsible for data migrations on PostgreSQL and MySQL, and writing custom Shell scripts. This role is very development heavy, but also requires a deep understanding of operations and server management. Our client is really looking for someone who is willing to learn and grow. This position offers competitive salary, excellent benefits and a lot of room for growth!
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in United States on a full-time basis and must live a commutable distance from the Pasadena location.
Required Skills & Experience
- 3+ years of experience with Linux systems and applications (including CentOS)
- Experience with Docker and containerized application development patterns
- Working knowledge of cloud technologies, with GovCloud or AWS
- Shell Scripting experience with Bash
- Object-Oriented Development Experience with either Java, Python, Ruby, C++, C, or Go
- Strong experience with MySQL or Postgres
- Experience with Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment technologies: Jenkins, etc.
- Configuration management experience is a plus
Benefits & Perks
- Employee Health Plan
- Lots of room for growth!
- Competitive Salary
- Additional benefits may apply