Senior DevOps Engineer, Chef--Contract
Fortune 200 e-commerce retailer is looking for a Contract-to-Hire Senior DevOps Engineer with expert knowledge of Chef, to join their production engineering team with the earning potential of $80/hour.
Located in the heart of downtown San Francisco, the company is one of the largest online retailers for fashion and they are looking to continue building their production engineering team with the addition of a Senior DevOps Engineer. The first project you would be helping with is helping to build the next generation of their point of sale systems.
For this, you’ll automate application deployment and monitoring with your deep knowledge of Chef, automate provisioning of virtual infrastructure in the private clouds, and help solve the hard problems around monitoring of devices in stores, provisioning applications on diverse platforms and hardware including containers, cloud on premise and off. Additionally, you would help re-engineer the CI pipeline, build out tons of new micro services and a bunch of awesome mobile applications. You will work closely with a number of other Infrastructure, DevOps and Application teams to ensure that the applications are designed to scale, and that you’re enabling the application development teams to work as efficiently as possible.
Required Skills & Experience
- 5-7 years experience in infrastructure engineering
- Expert knowledge of Chef including recipe design and writing cookbooks
- Understanding of microservices and UI design
- Professional experience using Openstack (preferred), AWS or Google Cloud
- 2+ years experience using Nagios for monitoring
Desired Skills & Experience
- Experience using Jenkins for their CI/CD pipeline
- Familiar with Selenium for coding
- Professional experience working with containers such as Docker or CloudFoundry
Benefits & Perks
As a contractor you will receive the following benefits:
- Medical Insurance & Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Paid Sick Time Leave
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefit