Senior Software Engineer
An education and technology company built for learners is looking for a Senior Software Engineer. The company serves the higher education, K-12, professional, library and workforce training markets worldwide. They create learning experiences that build confidence and momentum toward the future students want. This Senior Software Developer will be responsible for application development of the edTech products. In this role, you will work in a highly collaborative, cross functional Agile team and may take a lead role on various software components. They will help define logical and physical architecture and document the architecture using UML diagrams. They will promote improvements in version control, continuous integration, project build and project automation.
Required Skills & Experience
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent combination of education and recent, relevant work experience
- Building Java applications with the Spring framework.
- Building Java bundles that conform to the OSGi specification.
- Creating smart web components with React and Redux.
- Prior technical lead experience with small and large teams
- Experience with development of SOA (service oriented architecture)
- Familiarity with wide portfolio of software development applications, environments and languages
- Experience with reflection, inversion of control and dependency injection frameworks.
- Knowledge of web components.
- Strong understanding of HTTP/REST/API architecture
- Creative problem solving skills and ability to effectively communicate and translate feedback, needs and solutions
- Must be comfortable working in an open, highly collaborative team environment.
- Knowledge of and desire to work in an Agile development environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required
Desired Skills & Experience
- Elasticsearch, Lucene, or search in general preferred.
- Knowledge of search engine development, particularly with Lucene as a component
- Static code analysis tools (PMD, FindBugs, Checkstyle, etc)
- No-SQL Solutions such as MongoDB and Cassandra
Benefits & Perks
A shown commitment to the talent and skills of their employees by offering a comprehensive benefits plan and program.