Mid-Level Big Data/Java Engineer (Contract)
This well established startup company is looking for Mid-Level Big Data/Java Engineers for their data & reporting team. The company develops a video advertising platform for the world’s largest brands, agencies, publishers and ad networks. For this role, you will be responsible for implementing and maintaining the data warehouse’s logical and physical data model as well as designing, documenting, developing and supporting complex data load and transformation processes. Duties include: ETL, Reporting, Data Modeling, hardware & software infrastructure and integration. You will also be extensively involved in business analysis, requirements gathering, proposing and developing solutions.
With close collaboration with business users, data analysts and system architects, you will define and resolve information requirements, data flow and data content/quality issues, and influence business partners to adhere to best practices with data. Must be local for interviews!
Required Skills & Experience
- Strong understanding of data modeling, design and architecture principles and techniques
- Experience in big data, enterprise data warehouse architecture principles, methods, techniques and technologies
- Experience with data information management-related components large, complex data solutions
- Excellent understanding of various relational database design concepts s
- AWS experience (Hadoop Amazon EMR)
- Extensive experience in Java
- Scripting language Shell, Python, Perl, Pig
Benefits & Perks
As a contractor you will receive the following benefits:
- Medical Insurance & Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Paid Sick Time Leave
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefit