Senior Big Data Engineer
An established company located downtown Redwood City is looking to add a Senior Java Engineer/Architect with Big Data experience to lead their growing development team! You will become a core member of the team involved with both hands-on architecture and development, building a predictive analytics platform using Java, Scala, Elasticsearch, Spring, AWS, & Cassandra. Must have a deep understanding of technical concepts, be able to solve complex problems, and have full intentions of becoming a part of their innovative and collaborative work culture.
The ideal candidate is exceptionally talented, is results-driven, dedicated, and ready to flourish in a fast-paced, high traffic environment. You are excited by challenges and ready to lead a team made up of topnotch engineers, architects, and analytics experts who are agile and intelligent thinkers like you. Along with working on interesting projects and embracing cutting edge technologies, this position comes with a competitive salary, benefits, equity, flexible work schedule, and a ton of room to grow! Must have good communication skills and work well in a collaborative team environment.
Required Skills & Experience
- 5-10 years of experience working with Java
- Must have experience building applications from scratch
- Experience building out REST API's
- Experience working with NoSQL Databases (MongoDB, Redis, CouchDB, etc.)
- Experience working with Big Data technologies (Cassandra, Spark, Hadoop, Hive, Pig, Elasticsearch, Akka, Kafka, Spray, Splunk, etc) is a MUST
- B.S. in Computer Science or or equivalent experience
- Local Candidates only
Benefits & Perks
- Competitive Compensation
- Comprehensive Benefits
- Stock Options