The client is a South Korean multinational electronics company engaged in consumer electronics, information technology and mobile communications, and device solutions businesses worldwide. They are looking for an experienced software engineer to support system with the maintenance, development, and implementation of customer’s Intranet systems who can speak Korean. The candidate must have a solid development background across multiple technical disciplines including J2EE web application development, Java client/server development, and Database Development.
The role will primarily involve server-side design and programming work, but will also include some traditional user interface and application module development as well. Responsibilities cover the entire development lifecycle, from requirements gathering and brainstorming, analysis, coding, testing and documentation.
Required Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- 5+ years of server/client side web application programming experience
- Strong Java skills and object oriented design experience, including working knowledge of core libraries, design patterns, JSP, Servlets, iBatis, Struts/Spring Framework and J2EE.
- Excellence database development skills including advanced SQL programming, a solid understanding of database technologies, and logical and physical data modeling.
- Deep knowledge of the latest web standards including HTML5, Ajax, and CSS3.
- Ability to analyze and decompose a complicated software system and design a strategy to develop server system.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Goal oriented and self-motivated.
- Experience with Unix/Linux. Systems administration skills a plus.
- Ability to balance between multiple concurrent projects and work in a dynamic environment.
- Experience in a high-volume or critical production service environment is preferred
- Experience in analyzing and troubleshooting.
- Experience with Workday or HCM (Human Capital Management)
- Bilingual in Korean and English.
Benefits & Perks
Medical, Dental, Vision, Prescription, 401(k), Vacation, Sick Days