Work for a relaxed, innovative, and collaborative company in Downtown Boston. Explore new technologies such as NLP (Alexa, Siri), Machine Learning, and the cloud. Our client is working to build a global team, and looking for a new technologist to help create a green-field application for individualized benefits insurance. Join a great workspace with a start-up vibe that gives its engineers the freedom and responsibility to build great software.
Required Skills & Experience
- Bachelor's degree in technical discipline or equivalent experience.
- 10+ years of professional experience.
- Expertise with a modern programming language (preferably Java).
- Deep understanding of how to design and build scalable, cloud-based software solutions.
- Thorough knowledge of software development best-practices and concepts (TDD, BDD, etc.).
- Experience with CI/CD practices and tools (Bamboo/Jenkins/GoCD, Git/Github/BitBucket, etc.).
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (EC2, S3, Lambda, RDS/Dynamo, etc.).
- Passion for technical leadership and mentoring.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Experience with front-end technologies (React, AngularJS, etc.) a large plus.
- Familiarity of modern security development principles and practices a large plus.
- Strong knowledge of quality best-practices (various types of tests, performance, etc.) a large plus.
- Experience building cloud-based microservices a plus.
- Experience with Spring, Pivotal Cloud Foundry (PCF), Docker, New Relic, Splunk, Sumo Logic a plus.
- Experience with Natural Language Processing (NLP) and Voice (Alexa Voice Service, Siri, Cortana, etc.) a plus.
- Experience with mobile development (Android/iOS) a plus.
- Knowledge of Agile/SCRUM software development a plus.
Benefits & Perks
- Great atmosphere, great people
- 401K and Company paid pension plan
- Medical coverage
- Dental coverage
- Paid time-off
- Discounts on automobile and homeowner's insurance
- Discount fitness memberships
- Flexible spending accounts
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision care coverage
- Work/Life resources
- Credit Union membership
- Employee and Dependent life insurance
- Disability insurance