Senior Java Engineer
This company embraces a DevOps approach to their highly-scalable, highly-automated solutions. They strongly believe in exploring new technologies, such as NLP (Alexa, Siri, Cortana), Machine Learning (bots), new cloud services (serverless/AWS lambda), etc. They value the importance of a healthy work/life balance and are in need of Senior Java Engineers to build a green-field application for individualized benefits insurance.
Required Skills & Experience
- Bachelor's degree in technical discipline or equivalent experience.
- 10+ years of professional experience.
- Expertise with a modern programming language (preferably Java).
- Deep understanding of how to design and build scalable, cloud-based software solutions.
- Thorough knowledge of software development best-practices and concepts (TDD, BDD, etc.).
- Experience with CI/CD practices and tools (Bamboo/Jenkins/GoCD, Git/Github/BitBucket, etc.).
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (EC2, S3, Lambda, RDS/Dynamo, etc.).
- Passion for technical leadership and mentoring.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Experience with front-end technologies (React, AngularJS, etc.) a large plus.
- Familiarity of modern security development principles and practices a large plus.
- Strong knowledge of quality best-practices (various types of tests, performance, etc.) a large plus.
- Experience building cloud-based microservices a plus.
- Experience with Spring, Pivotal Cloud Foundry (PCF), Docker, New Relic, Splunk, Sumo Logic a plus.
- Experience with Natural Language Processing (NLP) and Voice (Alexa Voice Service, Siri, Cortana, etc.) a plus.
- Experience with mobile development (Android/iOS) a plus.
- Knowledge of Agile/SCRUM software development a plus.
Benefits & Perks
As a contractor you will receive the following benefits:
- Medical Insurance & Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Paid Sick Time Leave
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefit