Linux Systems Engineer
Join a cloud computing, colocation and application web services company in Santa Ana working extremely cutting edge datacenter technologies solving complex issues for their SaaS/PaaS clients. There are several positions open at various experience levels with a range of $60-90/hour. You’ll utilize your strong high availability Linux engineering background to do heavy virtualization with VMware, Apache/Nginx web administration, heavy scripting for automation and MySQL administration. Not only will you be expanding your skill set in Linux, you’ll utilize the best technology to solve the problems at hand.
In addition to the aforementioned technologies above you’ll have they following at your fingertips: Apache, Nginx, : AWS, Azure, OpenStack, NetApp Storage, F5 Load Balancers, SCOM, SCCM, Splunk, Octopus, Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Nagios, Hadoop, MongoDB, Vagrant, New Relic Etc. Not only will you have the opportunity to work on a Platform-as-a-Service of the highest caliber technology, you’ll get in on the cutting room floor of startup Santa Ana office that is supported by their Mid-West headquarters, flourishing from a huge client base. The opportunities are endless…
Required Skills & Experience
- 3+ years of experience working with Linux experience (RHEL, CentOS, Ubuntu, Debian, Fedora, etc.
- Experince building VM’s from Scratch – Vmware, KVM, Xen, HyperV etc.
- Strong Scripting Skills – Python, Ruby, Perl, Bash, PHP, Etc.
- Experience with Web Production in a high availaibility enviornment, Keeping uptime 24*7*365
- Experience with Storage
- Network monitoring skills are needed – Nagios, Cacti, Zabbix, Splunk
- Load balancing (F5)
Desired Skills & Experience
- Configuration Management experience is a huge plus (Chef, Puppet, Ansible, SALT Stack, Mesos, Docker, Etc.,)
- Working with commercial cloud based solutions is a huge plus – AWS, Openstack, Azure, etc.)
Benefits & Perks
As a contractor you will receive the following benefits:
- Medical Insurance & Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Paid Sick Time Leave
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefit