Linux DevOps Engineer
A digital R&D company in North Dallas is in need of 6 Linux DevOps engineers to help with the build out of their new automotive IoT initiatives. The company is a tech-centric firm with about 100 employees and stable funding from companies like Microsoft and other Fortune 100 automotive organizations.
Candidates should be coming out of a DevOps role in a Linux environment, with strong preference to candidates working in a Java environment. This company utilizes the Hadoop ecosystem to ingest and analyze big data, so experience supporting applications in a big data environment is strongly preferred. The infrastructure is deployed in Azure, and the team is currently scripting in Powershell (Python experience is ideal, as upcoming initiatives will focus on this). Applicants should have strong expertise in automation architecture, as you’ll work with the DevOps Manager to architect the platform and determine configuration management tools.
The team operates in a collaborative Agile/SCRUM environment. People who apply should have passion for their trade, exceptional people skills with the ability to present their work to upper level executives, and the ability to generate new ideas/projects for the team to work on. If interested, apply ASAP!
Required Skills & Experience
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
- Experience in a Linux DevOps role (Ubuntu, CentOS, RedHat)
- Cloud technologies (AWS/Azure/Rackspace)
- Scripting experience (Powershell, Python)
- Experience supporting Java applications (hands-on Java development is even better!)
- Familiarity with big data/Hadoop ecosystem
- Experience building out scalable software products
- Prior IoT experience preferred
Benefits & Perks
- Daily catered lunches
- X-Box corner in-office
- Healthcare (dental/vision)
- No internal red tape
- Access to bleeding edge technical initiatives
- Pretax commute reimbursement
*Candidates must be local*
*This client is not able to provide visa sponsorship at any point*