Lead Java Engineer
A leading and well-known SaaS company in Downtown Boston is looking for a hands-on Lead Java Engineer to lead one of their new cross-functional product teams. They are looking for someone who will provide technical and architectural leadership as they build out their new and innovative insight platform. The ideal candidate will employ a solution’s oriented approach to engineering and utilize the best tool for the job approach as opposed to “being married” to a specific language or tool.
This a great opportunity to join a tech-driven company and team that are passionate about their craft. You’ll be surrounded by a cutting-edge tech stack with colleagues who look to push the envelope! You’ll have feature and product ownership and will work on applications that have global reach!
Required Skills & Experience
- Significant understanding of Java 8 (including Streaming API & Lambda)
- Adherence to best practices: Unit testing, version control, front-end integration
- Strong understanding of Microservices and distributed computing architecture
- Knowledge of Apache Spark or other continuous data streaming tools
- Understanding of Docker and Jenkins for containment and continuous integration
- Good know-how of AWS (ec2, S3, Lambda, Kinesis)
Desired Skills & Experience
- Previous experience leading cross-functional teams
- Solution’s oriented approach to engineering
- Demonstrable experience of successful of software delivery
- Excitement and passion to mentoring and team building
Benefits & Perks
This is a full-time role located in Downtown Boston. They offer not only competitive compensation plans, but great perks as well including: unlimited PTO and weekly lunches.