Principal Linux Engineer
A growing e-commerce company in downtown San Jose is hiring for a Principal Linux Engineer to lead and mentor the technology operations team. This position offers the ideal candidate a full range of IT operational experience from managing high-capacity servers and networking equipment to being involved with the latest technology platforms in the “Big Data” arena. Reporting to the Manager of IT Operations and as a member of a tight-knit team tasked with building both boxed and Open Source solutions, this position requires fluency in LINUX operating environments, experience with networking fundamentals, MySQL database/replication knowledge of backup operations, and experience with virtualization concepts.
Required Skills & Experience
- 7+ years Enterprise LINUX system administration with knowledge of installations, security, performance-tuning, and shell scripting.
- Experience with Apache, load balancing technologies and CMS systems.
- MySQL: Configuration, performance tuning, able to write queries, understanding of DB backup concepts, and replication management/repair.
- Demonstrated application of advanced system structures and commands in LINUX environments. (TCP/IP, DNS, RAID, LVM, SMTP, LDAP, VPN, shell scripting, etc.)
- Understanding of clustered or pooled virtualization concepts from leading platforms such as VMware or Citrix XenServer.
Benefits & Perks
- Beer fridge and Ping Pong,
- Great bonus plan
- Excellent room for growth
- Great culture, work/life balance
- Full benefits
- 401k match