Senior Java Developer (Contract)
A fast-growing start-up here in the Silicon Valley area is looking to add a Senior Java Developer to its engineering team in San Jose. This company develops a health and wellness platform used by fitness companies for their members to track their workout progress. For this team in particular, you’d be building the APIs that make these technologies work.
They’re looking for developers with at least 5 years of experience developing in Java. They work with Hibernate, Restful, AWS, and NoSQL databases as well. The role will include architecture, and you’ll have the chance to lead a team of developers as well. This is a really great opportunity to work with some of the hottest technologies, while taking the leap into a leadership role as well.
Required Skills & Experience
- 5+ years of experience developing in Java
- Experience with Hibernate and Restful web services
- Knowledge of relational and NoSQL databases
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience building large-scale back-end databases
- Experience with web servers (Tomcat, Apache, etc) is a huge plus
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
Benefits & Perks
As a contractor you will receive the following benefits:
- Medical Insurance & Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Paid Sick Time Leave
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefit